Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

I've been going to the same lady for about a year, always happy with her work. Right before Xmas she dyed my hair this bizarre shade of red and said it looked gorgeous on me. I let it slide because the shop she worked in had burned down 2 days previously. I went back a few weeks ago and had my hair turned back into brown with some blond highlights. Everywhere the highlights are my hair looks like crap, I'm pretty sure she burnt the hair or something. Is there anything I can do besides wait for it to grow and get it cut? Obviously I'm finding a new stylist. Any recommendations for a new stylist in Charlottesville, VA would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.



I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

Have you tried hot oil treatments?



I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

your should try Burt's bee avacado hair stuff, its great



I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

This has happened to me. Just get a good protein conditioner to reconstruct your hair. But i would never let that stylist touch your hair again but you should go to her in person and tell her what she did.



I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

you kind of sound like a brat.



maybe stop getting your hair done to much. obviously if you put bleach in it (which it sounds like you did) then its going to fry your hair. Actually putting anything hair dye in it will ruin it. Get over yourself.



I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

When you get a new stylst make sure that they use cholesterol in your hair because my hair got fried and so I went to my stylst and he put cholesterol in my hair and it renewed it. So just ask them to do that (if they don't on their own).



I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

for now, throw out all your hair products that you buy at a drug/retail store, that includes suave, pantene, herbal essences, etc. and invest in new, salon quality products that don't have so much alcohol that they fry off your hair. try the joico k-pak line, i love the shampoo and intense hydrator. they are color safe, but most of all, leave your hair sooo silky and shiny. just get it cut in about 6-8 weeks, and keep up trims every 12. also, do hot oil treatments once a week, and another day, get the intense hydrator, rub into wet hair, wrap your hair in a warm/hot towel, leave in for 15 min, then wash out.



I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

You can always try a deep conditioner on fried hair to see if it helps some. Since you're going to look for a new stylist, ask their advice. Call up various salons and ask if they have a coloring expert. Make sure to ask how long he or she has worked with dye jobs, particularly highlights.



I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

When you color your hair alot it gets damaged. The color takes a toll on they health and elasticity of your hair. The best thing to do it buy Cholestrial. It is in a tub, yellow color. They sell it as Sally's or Walmart. It maybe in the african american hair section. It will work wonders. Put it on, comb thru, put a shower cap over top and let it sit on their for 30 min or so. You will start to see a difference. Works way better than hot oil treatments and cheaper. Don't color it for a while. Keep in mind your hair gets old, especially if its long. If you hair is shoulder length, the ends are approx 3-4 yrs old, depending on how fast your hair grows. That is a lot of summer sun, chlorine, blow drying, curling/straightening iron etc. damage



I'm pretty sure my stylist fried my hair - suggestions.?

Ok my sister is a stylist and a colorist and i think your right the hairdresser has ruined your new doo. SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! and told you what would happen!!! SHAME ON HER! You cannot double or in your case triple process hair, it lifts the cuticle and looks and feels dry and brittle. Most cases it is actually burned chemically The solution that your looking for is a Heavy Duty hair mask conditioner (cholesterol works great slap it on thick wrap your head in plastic wrap and a warm towel) OR a hot oil treatment left on while you sit under the dryer for about a half hour then wash as usual. Try your best to avoid drying your hair out any more. Avoid hairsprays and gels styling products Use nothing with alcohol! ,For the love of hair no more processing of any kind! allow your hair to rest and continue to condition it.



Janice



I have my hair highlighted , there is nothing wrong with making improvements to you appearance however if you have no hair from processing that is really going to change your look! Beginning to trim off the burned hair and conditioner is the first step I hope I was not misunderstood.

No comments:

Post a Comment